Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Health

I call this one Health because my focus lately has been on my health - which affects my performance. Recent health issues with bronchitis and my back have forced me to reevaluate some of my training as well as consider cutting back on some of the things I've been doing.

I still train with the UST group as my core group, Bob's school recently became a Gracie Combatives shop which I've begun training Sat mornings, so training UST on Weds and GCBJJ on Sat. mornings.

I stopped going to Modern Arnis, mostly because no one shows up anymore, including Divinci, so I'll be training with the newly formed FCS group in Orlando. Although I like Steve's Judo classes I just dont have the time or money anymore.

I also picked up the study of Kyudo which Lisa Lietl heads up in the newly formed Central Florida Kyudo group we started, which we hope to have a building for through ACAS.

I took a Muay Thai seminar through a meetup this past Sunday, 3 hrs non-stop, killer workout. Not sure I want to do that again, just too much for me, Im surpised im not more sore than I am today.

I started taking a nitric oxide powder to help out with training/oxygen consumption in the help it will enhance my endurance/performance. The jury is still out on that one.
My chiropractor recommended i take magnesium suppliments for muscle tightness, cramps, headaches. Ive just started taking these along with the forslean for asthma. Also taking a multivitamin and mixing in metamucil with my bottled water for high triclyceride levels.

Im starting my own exercise program with kombatas, weights, Martial Arts, pullups, etc along with back maintenance with the roller the chiro sold me and my inversion table and stretches.

Im also considering yoga to help with my flexibility and stiffness I've been feeling to counteract the hard training ive been doing.

Good news is I've lost quite a bit of weight. Will see over time if these methods work.

No comments:

Post a Comment